Monday 22 June 2015

Time Well Spent!!!


When I think back twenty months ago to when I began this program, the words used to describe how I was feeling were nervous, anxious, overwhelmed, and what did I get myself into..................


............however, I every time I started a new course, met a new professor and new colleagues it made me feel less anxious and less overwhelmed. Now after completing this program the words used to describe how I am feeling are; proud, excited, empowered, and SMARTER!! J
When I think about this journey I can’t stop myself from getting emotional. I have grown so much in both my personal and professional life. This program has enabled me to meet so many wonderful, supportive, and knowledgeable individuals who are dedicated and passionate about the field of early childhood. 

What have I learned?


When I stop for a moment and think about what I have learned from this program, I don’t even know where to begin. The learning began the moment I started! One thing that has been reinforced within me is that until we begin to understand ourselves we cannot truly understand others. I will definitely that away with me. I have also learned the importance of always following your passion as this is the fuel needed to keep moving forward. Setting goals for myself is another piece that I learned throughout this journey. Having goals are the driving force that will help to keep me on task and stay focused with regards to my vision.


One goal for myself is to never stop learning. I have found that this program has provided with me with a wealth of knowledge that has helped me to become a more effective educator. I hope to keep on this path of continued knowledge and learning!




 As this journey comes to an end and we continue to move forward with our families and our professional lives, I wish you all continued success with whatever comes your way. We all came together for different reasons, yet we are moving forward knowing that we are on the road to continue to do great and wonderful things. I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for sharing your thoughts, knowledge, and experiences. It is wonderful to know that there are incredible people like you who have this passion for this field. The children and families that you work with are very lucky to have you in their lives. Thank you for your encouragement, feedback, and support….I could not have done this without all of you!

Dr. Darragh, thank you for your constant support, encouragement, and feedback. Your ability to keep me focused, organized, and on task was the key to my success. Your weekly words of encouragement helped to keep me motivated and encouraged me to challenge my thoughts and ideas. It is professors like you that have helped to make my journey at Walden so successful. You truly care about our success and I feel honored to have been one of your students!!J


Take care,
Stephanie


7 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    First I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing a wealth of information and experiences throughout this course. I looked forward too and enjoyed reading your blogs as well as your weekly discussions. I wish you much success in your future endeavors in the Early Childhood Field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    I can totally relate to your initial feelings of wondering what you got yourself into, lol! I also gained momentum with each passing course, instructor, and Community of Practice. It's amazing to me the depth and quality of interactions this online experience has provided each of us. I am still in awe of the quality of learning experience I have obtained as an online-learner. Thank you for being a part of such an amazing experience, Stephanie! I wish you well as you continue your own journey.

    Best regards,

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I also have gained much knowledge with every passing class. I gained a deeper understanding every step of the way. I would like to thank you for sharing all of your experiences in this course. I wish you much success in all you set out to do. Best of luck.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    I want to give you heartfelt thanks for all of your support, I will truly miss you; you and I have been on this journey together from the beginning, and I feel like I have gained a true friend in you. I appreciate your positive feedback and encouraging words over these past 18 months, it has helped me through the tough times. I love how creative your blogs are, you have inspired me to take a course on PowerPoint presentations, so my blogs for my doctorate program will look as Fabulous as yours. I wish you well in all your endeavors. Keep in touch 
    Email-danita.mccray@waldenu.edu
    Phone # 916-717-3252

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Stephanie,

    My thanks to you for being a part of this course. I learned a great deal and I appreciate all the advice, support and feedback I received from you. I wish you the best as you continue your journey. Thanks Again and keep in touch

    Katrina Bell
    katrina.bell@waldenu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie,
    I realized I gave you my Walden email address, here is my personal email-daqueend1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed having class with you. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and I would like to continue to get to know you. My email is silver.feigner@gmail.com

    Christina Feigner

    ReplyDelete